Tuesday, November 6, 2007
A special weekend in Seattle
We gathered as family this weekend in Seattle to visit with Mark's mom. It was so good to have all of our kids there at various times. Grandma Dorr was in good spirits, and our time together precious. We also enjoyed spending two nights at the family lake property near Olympia.
Fred and Grandma holding hands... awwwwww.....
Chris and Sarah visit with Grandma.
David and Nikki with Grandma.
Hanging out on the dilapidated dock at the lake.
Mark and Jo with Mark's mom, Margaret Dorr-Folsom.
Hannah and Ben with Grandma.
Mark, Jake, and Beka look at some of Grandma's old coins with her.
Playing Apples to Apples with the cousin - yep, Kris is the only cousin on Mark's side... and a very sweet cousin indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally beat everyone at that game.... read it and weep, Hannah.
It really is relationships that matter. Especially family. You guys are doing a great thing by sticking with grandma and gathering often with your kids. It is very encouraging to see a family like yours!
My own mom died of terminal cancer rather quickly. I never regretted the visits I was able to make before she died (They lived in Prescott, AZ).
My dad actually died during a family reunion while taking a nap. We all agreed that we would love to go out that way!
Kent
Hey Joann, I saw that you have Randy Alcorn listed. My dad showed me his book, Heaven, last year and I found it to be very very good. I will check out the blog.
I'm glad your family was all able to visit. I was just in Seattle this weekend too--it seems like you never stop driving!
Post a Comment