Friday, January 11, 2008

Yikes... where does all the time go?

I was browsing through a book recently, entitled 1000 Places to Visit Before You Die, and I realized with a somewhat sinking feeling that, at age 55, I will probably never come close to seeing all of those beautiful and intriguing places. I am generally a very happy woman, and love my Lord, my life, and my family very dearly. I know that life is full of so many responsibilities that tend to tie one down, and I tend to be a very overly-responsible person. Still, there is a place deep within me that longs for a real adventure - a place in my heart of hearts that longs to throw caution to the wind and do something really exciting, even daring. So I guess my question is this: if you could have a singular adventure, what would it be? Where might you go, and/or what might you do?

3 comments:

Kent Schnake said...

During my twenties and early thirties, my big dream was to go mountain climbing in the Andes mountains. Now anything very physical is unappealing :-) I have been to Europe and to parts of the Orient. So the last big adventure is probably Africa. I doubt I would seriously consider it if it weren't for the fact Julia is moving there! There is still lots of Europe I would like to see, but I wouldn't classify it as adventure.

Unknown said...

Do it!!! Lewis and I want to sail to southern Mexico with my family!!!

Chris and Sarah said...

I want to go skiing in Colorado (or the Alps??). Who can hook me up? And, if it's in the Alps, I have my own leiderhosen.