Sunday, November 30, 2008
Of Thanksgiving and Hexes
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had two feasts at our house. On Thursday, our cousin Chloe joined Hannah, Mark, and me for a small but sumptuous meal. That night, Sarah and Chris came to Philomath following their special time with Chris' side of the family. Jake and Beka joined us on Friday, after their time with Beka's family, and that afternoon we ate Feast II.
When we went around the table on Thursday and shared what we are most thankful for, I said family (aren't you SURPRISED!). Because it's true. I love my husband, my kids, my kids-in-law, my soon-to-be-grandson from Ethiopia, and my extendeds.
I got a little crafty and made these little turkeys for each place setting. They were so fun to make, and they kind of added a little extra personality to the table.
I recently got a haircut, and Sarah came to the house armed with a new straightener to help me maximize the new look. I hope she can come over every morning to do my hair. PLEASE, SARAH???
Friday night, we all played a game that Mark plays with his middle school students. Called the Hex game, teams compete to try to move from one side of the board to the other. The game squares are shaped like hexagons, hence the name. There are a few other rules to remember, and the game can be adapted to any topic, but we played with Thanksgiving trivia questions. The teams were composed of Jake, Beka, and Hannah at one end of the table, and Chris, Sarah, and me at the other end. Mark ran the game. There is definitely strategy involved, as one team tries to block the other from completing their journey from side to side, or top to bottom.
My team takes a break while Mark questions the other team.
Hannah gets her question right, to the joy of her teammates.
Hmmm.... I don't know the answer to that one.
The ever-handsome and charming game-show host.

Chris has his game face on.
Sarah is ready to take on the competition.
Jake contemplates while Hannah giggles.
Beka and Hannah plot their strategy.
Hannah was in a goofy mood - but don't let that fool you - she's one tough competitor who really knows her Thanksgiving history.
And, of course, the real winner of the game was Goliath, simply because he's the cutest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the new hair cut!!!
Your hair really does look cute!
Post a Comment