Monday, May 18, 2009
Counting my blessings...
Well, it wasn't the afternoon I had planned. After I left the high school, I headed to Fred Meyer to pick up a few things. At the intersection of 23rd and Harrison in Corvallis, I stopped at a cross walk to let two pedestrians cross the street. And as I sat there waiting, I felt a huge slam in the rear of our car. I was so startled as the reality of what had just happened began to sink in. Click on the pictures to see more detail.
Thankfully no one was injured badly. I am quite sore in my neck and back, and the young girl who was driving the other car suffered a small cut above one eye when some of the the glass from our rear windshield flew into her open driver's side window.
Below is the other car. Both vehicles were towed to the same wrecking yard, and now we must deal with all the hassles that come with being in an accident. We stopped by our insurance agent's office and filed a claim, and will go from there. And I will go to the doctor tomorrow, just to be checked out to make sure nothing is wrong with me physically that I don't know about.
Above is the other driver's car. There is a possibility that there was a third car that may have hit her before she hit me, as several people saw a black car fleeing the scene. I just don't know. It all happened so fast, that I can't process it all. Mark met me at the wrecking yard, and went with me to the insurance agency. He is such a loving support and is just so capable at dealing with all the details of such an incident. I can only thank God that no one was seriously hurt, especially the pedestrians that were attempting to cross in front of me from two different sides of the street. Thank you, God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Mom -
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so grateful you were not hurt too badly. I hope all the mess can be fixed ASAP and that you get your adorable car back in shape again! (or a clone of it????)
Love you!
WOW, I'm so glad you are okay! I have been rearended 3 times and I know how it is not good on the neck and back.
Amazing that everyone came through on that one.
Jd
yikes!
(so... wouldn't it be absolutely tragic if those license plates didn't make it out of the wrecking yard? ;) i'm just sayin...)
So glad to hear you are okay! & yes - thank God the pedestrians weren't hit. Scary!
That's awful!Thank God you're ok.
Hannah, it looks to me like the 7DORRS will ride again...that license plate is invincible. :)
Glad you are okay -- praying for a quick resolution with the insurance and that your soreness would disappear!
-beka
oh my! Im so sorry! dido on Beka's prayer!
We love you so much and we're so glad you are fine!!!
Christine
PS- I was in a car accident many years ago and hurt my back. If you are feeling sore, you may try Pilates...it's the only thing that has helped me. Good luck!
I'm glad you are o.k. Accidents are scary.
So scary!
Glad you are okay!
Oh NO!!!! Such a big huge bummer.
Sorry I'm so late in saying this (I've been neglecting blogs for facebook) but I'm really sorry you had to go through this. I hope all is well and that you're not hurting anymore. In 1993 we were rear ended and I couldn't lift my head the next day. I will never doubt the whiplash diagnosis again!
Post a Comment