
Next stop on our trip was my cousin Adalaide's cabin on Cascade Reservoir, near Donnelly, Idaho. Over the years, Adalaide and her husband Steve have repeatedly invited us to visit them at the cabin, and this year we made it happen. The "cabin" is in reality a very nice home on the lakefront, where Mark and I had our own luxurious quarters upstairs, with a private balcony overlooking the water. Steve and Adalaide are such kind and generous people, and they treated us to a lovely time. There is a sign hanging in their garage that says "Camp Never Rest," a nickname the family has fondly given their lake home. The reason is that there is so much to do, so many things to try, that one hardly has time to catch one's breath! All in the name of good fun and fellowship, of course! The picture above shows just the cabin, while the one below shows the garage as well.

The morning after our arrival, Steve suggested that we go golfing. Fun, you say? Well, while Mark has been golfing many times, I have never even attempted the sport. But did that stop us? No - after all, we were staying at Camp Never Rest, so they all talked me into trying golfing for the first time. Was I any good at it? Not hardly, but I must admit that I had a lot of fun making a fool out of myself.

Above, Mark takes a nice smooth swing, and below you see me botching my swing, while Adalaide watches with amusement. Steve kept encouraging me to "hit the
little ball, not the
big ball" (the little ball being the
golf ball, and the big ball being the
earth, of course).

Later, we went around the lake on a big boat. Lots of fun - and gorgeous scenery.

The next morning, Mark enjoyed a lesson in rowing a scull. There is a couple that live across the lake from Steve and Adalaide, and the woman has coached scull teams at several colleges and for the U.S. Olympic team. She graciously taught Mark the basics, and he picked it up like a pro. Very fun for him. He also got to kayak during our time at Cascade Reservoir.

Below, Steve drives the boat on our last day there.

Then, in the name of trying yet another thing I had heretofore never done, Steve had me take the helm of the craft. I was freaked out, but reluctantly got behind the wheel. Then he told me to push down on the lever that makes the boat practically
fly over the water. I gulped, did as I was told, and found that I didn't die after all. In fact, it was a blast. Thanks, Steve, for pushing me out of my comfort zone several times while we were with you. I gained some confidence that hopefully will translate to other areas of my life where I need to conquer my fears!

Finally it was time to leave. Thanks, dear cousin Adalaide, for hosting us at your lovely cabin. It was such a blessing to be with you guys! We love you so much.

And don't worry - we'll be back!

Time to head on to our next destination - Colorado!

On our way, we stopped in Boise to take a peek at Steve and Adalaide's new home. It is a beautiful Tuscan-style house on a hill overlooking the city. Lovely!

We then stopped by Guerdon Homes, the company that is building my mom's new home (which will be shipped to Santa Barbara when completed). We had hoped to take some pictures of the work in progress, but unfortunately they were not allowing visitors. At least we tried, Mom!

Then, I stopped to do a workout at Curves in Boise before we headed east. I actually visited six different Curves on our two-week journey. It was fun to meet and visit with many different women along our way. Everyone was so kind and welcoming.

Next - Colorado!!!
1 comment:
You do not mess around when it comes to Curves! Way to go! I went 6 times this summer.
Post a Comment