Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Simple. Beautiful.

On Easter Sunday, we joined Sarah and Chris at their church in Vancouver. And my heart was filled to overflowing as I soaked up the simple message of the Gospel. The pastor shared from I Corinthians 15:1-4, where the Apostle Paul writes:

Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

So simple. So beautiful. So life-changing. Thank you, Jesus, for what you did on the cross for me. Thank you for the new life I have in you. Thank you for reminding me on Sunday what is of first importance. I love you.