Well, Mark went to visit his knee surgeon this morning - same guy who operated on his right knee three years ago - and they decided that the surgeon would perform the same procedure on Mark's left knee next Thursday, April 30th. Mark has a torn meniscus and osteo-arthritis in that knee, same as the other knee. Last time he had to spend eight weeks on crutches following the surgery, and this time will be no different. So... we're gearing up for the big day! Life is just so much fun!
So, I guess you know you're getting older when the body parts start to wear out. And here are a few more indications...You know you're getting older when...
...you remember when the Dead Sea was only sick.
...it takes two tries to get up from the couch.
...your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
...someone compliments you on your layered look.... and you're wearing a bikini.
...your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
...your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes... and you're barefoot.
...going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.
...your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
...you find yourself beginning to like accordion music.
3 comments:
I'm glad you're gonna get fixed, Dad!!!!
I truly do feel Mark's pain. I had to have a total knee replacement in June 07.
I know so many people our age with this same problem. I have lots of stuff going on but the knees are fine. I will be praying for you both on that day.
PS Your "old" jokes are hilarious but a little bit too relatable (is that a word?).
Post a Comment