
Today, we walked 5K (3.1 miles) for water. Yet we didn't actually get any water at all. We walked that far in order to approximate the distance most Ethiopian women and children walk each day to get the water they need to live. It was great fun to gather with family and friends on behalf of the Corvallis-Gondar Sister Cities Association to participate in this event, the goal of which was to raise funds for water projects, sanitation, and watershed management in Ethiopia. And, since our sweet grandson was born in Ethiopia, this cause is personal to us. Above, Jake and Ayeresam share some together time.

Ben, his dog Allie, Mark, and Jake on the trail together. Ahead of them you can see part of the multitude of people who took part in this worthy event.

Ben saying, "Mom, you're not really going to take a picture of me picking up dog poop, are you?" And I said, "Of course, Ben."



Mark visiting with Beka's mom Fiona, and her brother Lewis.

Beka's dad Kevin visits with Ben.

Mark and Hannah at the finish of the walk.

Hannah and me. Sorry I look like I just rolled out of bed. I did. What a great day for a wonderful cause. I am so thankful to not only have running water that I don't have to haul, but that it is clean and safe as well.
4 comments:
Looks like a good size crowd of walkers! I also like the gentle way Ben picks up poop. It's a tender scene.
Such a great post... we walked too.. for "relay for life"...
Wish I could of been there. Looks like a good turn out!
That is such a great cause to walk for.
Post a Comment