Call me crazy, but I'm now an official participant in the Portland Marathon, which will be on October 5th. Have I ever done a marathon before? Nope. Am I totally in shape for this? Nope - not even close. Will I run my heart out? Nope - actually, I'll be walking, not running (I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid). And why, you may ask, might a 56-year-old woman do such a thing? Because of love, pure and simple. Jake and Beka are in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia, and some of the many people who love them are participating in the marathon to support and encourage them and to help them raise funds to cover the adoption expenses. To prepare, I am walking my usual four miles every morning, and will walk longer distances over the next month. My goal is simply to finish the course. Period. I LOVE YOU, BABY DORR!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Am I an idiot? (wait, don't answer that)
Call me crazy, but I'm now an official participant in the Portland Marathon, which will be on October 5th. Have I ever done a marathon before? Nope. Am I totally in shape for this? Nope - not even close. Will I run my heart out? Nope - actually, I'll be walking, not running (I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid). And why, you may ask, might a 56-year-old woman do such a thing? Because of love, pure and simple. Jake and Beka are in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia, and some of the many people who love them are participating in the marathon to support and encourage them and to help them raise funds to cover the adoption expenses. To prepare, I am walking my usual four miles every morning, and will walk longer distances over the next month. My goal is simply to finish the course. Period. I LOVE YOU, BABY DORR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you're doing it! Come walk w/Chris and I some Saturday! I think we're doing 18 miles this Sat. morning...holy cow.
YAY....see you there!!
Good for you! It's heartwarming to see you put yourself out there for little Dorr. I can't wait to see that sweet angel.
My only goal is to survive and finish. I guess that is 2 goals.:)
Jake and I are going to try to do 17-18 miles this weekend. Wanna join us?
Post a Comment