Friday, October 3, 2008
Portland, here we come!
This is it. Tomorrow Mark and I will head to Portland so I can check in for Sunday's marathon. Then tomorrow evening the nine of us who are doing this crazy thing will gather together for a spaghetti feed. And then, bright and early the next morning, we will meet at the starting line and begin our 26.2 mile journey. Hopefully we'll finish the journey, too! I have had three more physical therapy appointments this week, and I had a good conversation with my doctor yesterday. Both my doctor and the physical therapist seem to think I can do this thing, providing I just walk my own pace, don't worry about my time, and ice my heels several times along the way if need be. I'm excited! If anyone wants to make any last minute pledges to our noble cause - bringing Baby Dorr home from Ethiopia - just let me know. You can also follow our progress online if you want to. My bib number is 8921. Or feel free to call my cell anytime after 7:00 a.m. on Sunday and heap on the encouragement - the Good Lord knows I'll be needing it! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'll be praying!
We've been praying for you, and we tracked your progress on the Portland Marathon website.
Awesome!
Kathryn
Johanna,
I've been praying today and tracking your progress. I see that you finished with a 16-minute mile average (or so). Congratulations! What an achievement! I look forward to hearing about your experiences. (I pray that your achilles tendinitis didn't give you too many problems.)
Jill Wallin
Post a Comment