Sunday, January 18, 2009

50 million babies lost...

Today Mark and I had a unique experience. Today is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, and we decided to drive to Portland to take part in a memorial service for the 50 million tiny, defenseless lives lost to abortion since the passage of Roe v. Wade in 1973. We were part of a crowd at Pioneer Courthouse Square that was estimated at 7,000, who listened to many speakers share about their own experiences with this issue, mourn the precious lives lost, and pray for our nation and its leaders, that they would give the unborn the protection they deserve. There were many protesters at the event as well.I can't help but think about today's memorial service in light of the historic events of this coming week. Our country will welcome its first African-American President. And Mark and I will be praying wholeheartedly for him, that he will be pulled toward seeking God's wisdom in all he does. He has such a heart for the "little guy," and we pray that that feeling would be expanded in his thinking to include the littlest of all, the unborn.

1 comment:

Chris and Sarah said...

I'm really glad you could go to that. Hope your feet have warmed up since then!