Friday, February 27, 2009

"It's Great to Be at Curves"

In November of last year, I decided that I needed to "up the ante," so to speak, with respect to my level of fitness. I've lost some weight over the past eight months or so, but I was still feeling out of shape and lacking in muscle tone. I had belonged to the Women's Fitness Center in Corvallis several years ago, before they closed, so I was on the lookout for another place that was friendly and non-threatening, where I could work out with other women. I knew that a friend at the high school where I spend most of my days was a member of Curves, and after asking her about it, she hooked me up with a free 30-day trial. And I've been going three times a week ever since. It's a good workout, the staff is so friendly, and I've met some very nice members. As to the title of this post, that's how they answer their phone, "It's Great to Be at Curves." And I agree.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SOME weight....how about...You look awesome!

Way to be proactive!

hannah said...

good job mama~!

Chris and Sarah said...

You are a heroine. And I don't mean the illegal drug.

Fiona said...

I saw you from afar yesterday at dox and I have to tell you , you are looking good!!