Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cedar Creek Grist Mill

On Saturday, Mark and I went to Woodland, Washington, which is about twenty miles north of Vancouver. Mark had heard about this mill, and we were eager to explore it. And it was worth the drive. It is a totally water-powered grain mill in a beautiful setting, with a covered bridge, and gorgeous footpaths to wander.

The mill, with the flour coming out the chute at the bottom.
They had a display of pictures from various mills in the area.
Water is carried from Cedar Creek to the mill via a flume that extends 650 feet upriver. You can see the excess water cascading from the mill above.
We hiked along the footpath - sooo beautiful.


The covered bridge over Cedar Creek.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit there, you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

That's odd! I've been going to Woodland to visit my parents who have lived there for 8 or more years and have never heard of this place. Search is on . . .

Chris and Sarah said...

That looked so pretty! I bet Dad will paint that mill within the year.