It was June 8, 1978, when our lives were forever turned upside-down. For it was on that day that Mark and I became parents, with the arrival of Sarah Elizabeth Dorr. And we wouldn't have it any other way. Sarah - we love you so much, and praise God for the privilege it has been and continues to be, to be your Mom and Dad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear girl !!!

Sarah and I in the hospital in Dayton, Washington, the day she was born.

A proud new Daddy holds his firstborn. (Gotta love those curtains, no?)

We couldn't believe we were allowed to take you home from the hospital, Sarah! Mark drove up to the hospital entrance, and as we placed you in your car seat, we looked back over our shoulders at the hospital staff who had accompanied us to the curb. Could we really just drive away with you? Did those nurses and doctors really think that we knew what we were doing? If so, we certainly had them fooled! I can remember just marveling over and over that you were ours, and feeling so inadequate to the task of being your mom. And yet, despite our often bumbling efforts, you have become a lovely woman of God, an amazing teacher, and a beloved wife.

Well... except for one thing... you DO kind of have BAD taste at times! :-) We loved your BAD TASTE birthday party on Saturday. Note to readers: you simply MUST check out Sarah's blog (link at right) to see pictures of the outrageous party that was held to celebrate Sarah's milestone birthday. It was very fun! Love you, sweet girl! XO
4 comments:
Warning : Dad and I have the same shaped head.
Thanks for the fun pics! I never got to remember those curtains in person, so it's fun to see em later on. You also had bad taste.
That describes exactly how I felt when we brought Marlee home! I can't even imagine seeing her turn 30! I bet it goes fast! Happy Birthday Sarah!
Wow Jo, at first I thought that was Sarah in the hospital bed. You two look so much a like! What a gorgeous baby! My Mark turned 30 in April. What a milestone! The bad taste party looks like a great idea. Sarah and Chris look so...bad!
I'm back Jo. Would you like to borrow my copy of My Cousin Rachel? I'd love to discus the ending with you! Maybe we should share email addresses so I don't have to take up your blog comment space!
Barbara
b_cleaver@comcast.net
Post a Comment