Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whoopie!!! First day of school!!!

Today marks the first day of school for my sweet hubby -- and the beginning of year #22 at Philomath Middle School! He's actually been back in the swing of things for a few weeks now, with inservice meetings, classroom preparation, etc., but today is his first day with actual kids sitting in their actual seats at their actual desks (well, hopefully they're staying in their seats!). Mark's schedule this fall includes five classes of 8th grade U.S. History, and one class of 7th/8th grade Wood Shop. So, here's to a great year, honey. Your students are SO amazingly blessed to have you as their teacher. I'm so proud of you, and I love you to pieces! ♥

3 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Oh DAD - - I love your picture in front of the door! You look so handsome w/your John Wayne lunch box..... I'm so proud of you, little buddy! Don't get detention.

Sueso said...

Oh Jo, I have to agree, those students are sooo blessed! It always made my day to have Mark at our school (in his "other" capacity back in the day). It was always so neat to have him greet me in some funny way or write us a little message on our chalkboard. I'm so happy he became a teacher! And my favorite age too! I finally got to the middle school before I had to leave to take care of our grandsons! xoxo Sue B

erinz said...

Have a great year! Naseem had to change her schedule and the only class left for her to switch into was wood shop! She is super excited to build something. :)